This is a common alternative remedies guidance from my own experience to improve your health.

search

Toe Nail Fungus




A toenail fungus infection is caused by the same fungus that is responsible for an athlete's foot infection. Often, a toenail fungus infection is caused by an untreated athlete's foot infection that has spread to the toenails. Fungus in the toenails can be tricky to treat because the fungus is protected underneath the toenail. If treatment is ended too early, before all the fungus is killed, the infection can come back quickly. There are several natural remedies available to treat toenail fungus. Natural treatments should be continued for at least two weeks after all signs of the fungus infection is gone.

  • Tea tree oil and oregano oil. I used Tea Tree Oil twice a day for a couple of months and my toenail fungus cleared up completely. Here is one reader's experience: "Oil of oregano from the health food store can get rid of toenail fungus if used consistently. I had it for over 45 years in my big toe. My dermatologist told me it was impossible to get rid of since I'd had it for so long. It looked awful, but my manicurist told me about the oil of oregano and it worked."
  • Dilute vinegar soaks may also help: "After spending over $500 on orthodox medical treatment to eliminate toenail fungus, only your recommended vinegar soak actually worked! Soaking the feet in 5% white vinegar ones a day will clear up the nail fungus.
  • You just pour vinegar a small like a Tablespoon or 2 Tablespoons in the soapy water and it will help if it's warm water.
  • Pomegranate scented salt scrub mixed with olive oil and pomegranate juice
  •  Make sure shoes are fully dry before you put them on. Better yet, alternate shoes. Only wear a particular pair of shoes every other day. Even though shoes feel dry to the touch, they may contain a slight amount of moisture that is undetectable by touch. That slight amount of moisture is enough to feed fungus.
  • Eat plenty of garlic foods. Garlic has natural anti fungal properties. There is not enough scientific evidence to prove that eating garlic can treat fungal infections, but there have been reports by individuals that garlic has helped them. Alternative health practitioners often recommend including garlic in the diet to treat fungal infections.
  • Soak feet in a large pot of salty warm water. Mix one cup of salt per one gallon of warm water to make this foot soak. Or, if you are lucky enough to live near an ocean or the Dead Sea, soak your feet in natures salt water. A salt water foot soak to treat toenail fungus is a popular longtime folk remedy. Dr. Militello at the University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell, recommends a salt water foot soak to maintain foot health.
  • Apply Aloe Vera gel to the toenails and surrounding skin twice a day to clean dry feet. Aloe Vera contains compounds that are useful for their anti-fungal properties (1988 Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology).
  • I have used with great success, foot baths, after showers, of a combination of Listerine, Vinegar & water
  • I heard comments on the radio show about Vagisil containing an anti-fungal. I began applying it to my 4 toenails infected with fungus. I rub a light coat of it all over the 4 nails after my shower in the morning every day. My nails are now clear and normal. It's the best treatment for me because it takes so little time.